Getting a fit (sick) note

Find out how to request a sickness certificate

The NHS provides sickness certification only after seven continuous days of illness. If you need a sick note to cover this period of sickness you should complete a Self Certification (SC2) form which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.
Please visit the Direct Gov website for full information about fitness for work following a period of sickness. After this period, a NHS certificate may be issued but you will need to contact the surgery as it may be necessary to discuss your request with your GP.

Frequently asked questions

Do I need a note saying I’m fit for work?

No. You do not need to see your GP again to be ‘signed back to work’.

How do I request a sick note? 

The easier way is to submit a request using our online system, PATCHS. Alternatively, you can ring the Practice on 020 3657 9449. 

Request sick note via PATCHS